Our Commitment to Privacy
Here at Total Excellence Centre we work hard to ensure that you get the very best experience without having to worry if your information is safe.
Below you will see how and why we collect, use and share your personal information and your rights in relation to that data.
We hope that we have answered any questions you have, however if not, please do get in touch with us.
Total Excellence Centre is the “Data Controller” of your personal data and is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) registration number Z5809407.
We work hard to ensure that you get the very best experience without having to worry if your information is safe.
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
Under the GDPR we have to have justification (“legal basis”) for obtaining your information. We use the details you provide to offer you our products and services and to meet our contractual duties as laid out in our Agreement with you and your business. The analytics we collect are to help us improve our online products and your browsing experience.
When Do We Collect Data?
We only collect and use your personal data when you specifically agree that we should do so. Some of the information you will provide, and some we collect automatically. The data that we collect automatically is not personal data. For example, just by browsing our site or downloading information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally, and we do not link it to any personal data. It is used to help us improve our website.
We also collect personal data about you at various stages in your relationship with us. This may be:
- When we confirm the contract with you and your employer
- When you register for any of our courses
- During your course, and when you complete your course
- When you provide us information on your training requirements
- When you communicate with us, via phone, email or via the website, for example to make enquiries or raise concerns
What Sort Of Data Do We Collect?
Under the GDPR we are only permitted to collect the minimum amount of information needed to carry out a specific purpose. We may collect the following type of personal data about you:
Information that helps identify you:
- Your name
- Contact information (address, email, phone number)
Sensitive personal data, including:
- Information concerning your health & medical conditions if you have special needs that we need to be aware of, whilst we are working with you and your employer
- Your date of birth if you are attending courses that require us to collect this data, ie: ERDF or ESF funded courses
- Your qualifications if/when required
- Financial information
- Educational qualifications if/when required
- Developmental and/or Coaching conversations during the course you are attending
Information that helps us manage the contract we have with your and/or your employer, such as:
- Your course feedback and general comments
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will process your personal information for a range of purposes associated with our contract with you or your employer. The primary purposes are:
- Registration, including production of name badges and organising workshop attendances
- Financial administration, including fee payment and to manage risk
- To promote our products
- To identify you
- To authorise your participation on the course
- To tutor you
- To measure our performance and improve the design of our courses and programmes
- Tutor and admin support, additional course promotions
- To record your performance
- To deliver our commitments to you
How Long Do We Keep Your Data for?
Data is retained for as long as it is required to perform its purpose, or for as long as is required by law. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
Sometimes we share your personal data with trusted third parties, in order to meet our contractual needs or to improve our services. An example of this would be, a printer to produce name badges, auditors, organisations that you have subscribed to in order to promote your career progress (for example, professional bodies), and your employer if they have paid for your attendance on any of our courses and programmes.
The policy applied to such organisations, to keep your data safe & protect your privacy, include:
- Providing only the information they need to perform their specific services
- Ensuring that they may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them
- Working closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected & protected at all times
- In the event that we cease to use their services, we will require that any of your data held by them, will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Your Choices Regarding Your Data
If you choose to become a member of any of our online communities, or use our e-learning platfom, or receive our email communications, it is always your choice as to whether you want to continue receiving information from us.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way or to contact you, please let us know. On our online portals, we offer settings to change your subscription/membership. Any emails we send to you will always give you the option to unsubscribe.
Updating Your Contact Details
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You can let us know about any changes in your contact information at any time by emailing email@example.com.
How can you find out what Information we hold on you?
You have a right of access to your own personal data held by us. A request for all such information is called a Subject Access Request.
You are entitled to:
- A description of the data
- A copy of the data on request in CSV or Excel format
All the above must be returned to the requesting individual within one month & at no cost. If you have any questions about this policy please contact Louise Docherty, on +44 161 274 9292. Or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our address is: Total Excellence Centre Limited, Thrive Miller House, 47-49 Market Street, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 7NS